Thursday, March 31, 2016

Things are starting to get moving in the garden!

Since my first set of seedlings did'nt quite take off as planned, (thats what I get for rushing things...) I re-started things about 3 weeks ago.  With work, spring break with my oldest and a little bit of me just being a little lazy I am finally posting some updates on the garden.  I have gotten a much better start now that I have my grow light up and running (another freebie from my Aunt Joyce). The one thing I have learned is that the homemade seed pots do 2 things really well...retain water & inhibit some mold around the bottoms of them.  Not sure how this will effect things, but so far I don't think it will impact it too much.  Here is list of what I have started indoors so far (will probably be all I start due to warm weather approaching fast for direct sowing)

Better Boy Hybrid Tomato
Big Boy Hybrid Tomato
Snack Attack Cherry Tomato
Sugar Snap Pea
Broccoli
Brussell Sprouts
Salad Slicer Cucumbers
Pickle Bush Cucumbers
Carnival Blend Sweet Peppers
Italian Pepperoncini Peppers


I decided to do the onions as direct sow this year again, just getting a much earlier start to it. Should have the beds ready in a few days, but that is for another post!  As usual my oldest, Farmer Elijah has been begging me to get started in the garden this year. So excited to see his excitement for growing some food! We are already almost a month ahead of last year, so hoping we can hit the 100lb mark for harvested produce.

Till next time,

Jon

 


All 3 boys helping out.






No comments:

Post a Comment